What’s New, Themes, Activities and Important Information!
One week to go and we couldn’t be more excited to share year number FIVE with all of you! This year there are many themes, activities and brand new additions to Tall Tree – making your festival experience better than ever.
WHAT’S NEW AT TALL TREE?
- Showers! Yes, we have showers this year! Shower passes can be purchased for $5 each and are available from 9am to 5pm.
- Shuttle Bus every hour on the hour from 11am-1am. Make a trip to the beach, lake, general store or book accommodation off site and rest assured!
- ATM’S! We have two ATM’s on site this year. We highly recommend bringing cash beforehand but we have you covered just in case!
- TALL TREE MUSIC FEST LIMITED EDITION REUSABLE CUPS! To minimize even more waste this year Tall Tree designed limited edition reusable cups. The cups can be purchased for $10 each and include a free drink ticket. We encourage everyone to hold on to these even when the party is over! Keep it green!
- YOGA!!! Morning yoga will be held Saturday and Sunday at the Spirit Tree Stage between 10am and 11am.
- Music BC Workshops. Our friends over at Music BC along with several bands and musicians will host workshops throughout the festival. Please consult the festival guide upon arrival for times and location.
- Additional camping has been created throughout the site. This means more choices and more space!
- New stages! All three stages are new and improved! You’ll have to check them out to see why!
- Harm Reduction Team – please see below.
THEME DAYS AND ACTIVITIES
FILTHY FABULOUS FRIDAY = wear sequence, gold, loud, dirty, weird…you’re filthy and your gorgeous. Get into it.
Friday 4:00 pm WELCOME PARTY ” FILTHY FABULOUS FRIDAY “!!
You will arrive as one person and leave as another. You will acquire your new nick name for the weekend and a whole new appreciation for twerking and team work. Meet your three Party Captains in the Beer Garden – you can’t miss them.
SUIT SATURDAY = wear a suit, any suite. That’s right Tall Tree: it’s business time and you know what that means – it’s time to wear your business socks.
Saturday 3:00 pm PARTY AT THE OFFICE WATER COOLER located near The Valley Stage. Come and trade your stocks (a.k.a. costume trading) and get your walk-on during the Zoolander Walk-off. Tons of amazing prizes for all of you amazing people!
THE REAL 1% PARTY = Saturday at midnight in the Beer Garden. For all the gingers out there and those that love them. Hosted by Filthy Rich himself and a member of the 1%.
SPIRIT ANIMAL SUNDAY = Release your inner animal. Costumes intensely encouraged!
Sunday – 3:00 pm Spirit Animal Parade & Talent Show
Meet at the Main Stage in your finest spirit animal attire ready for an evening of amazing spiritual freedom of expression!! Not sure what your spirit animal is yet? Fear not, bring whatever calls you, feathers, jungle, fur whatever makes your heart happy!!
THE HARM REDUCTION TEAM – your Party Parents!
The Harm Reduction team or ‘Party Parents’ tent is dedicated to making sure that party goers are happy and healthy!
- Risk Assessment
- Great conversation
- Information about drugs/alcohol/sun exposure
- A place to take a rest in the shade
- Friend connections: lost a friend? Come check in and see if they have left you a note!
- Line up information
- Assisting those who are having mild mental health and physical health issues
Our Team Members:
- Outreach: Look for the bright green backpacks! They will be out on the scene to help people who look like they need some extra support.
- Tent Supervisors – keep track of everything and everyone!
- Tent Nurses – make sure everyone’s needs are being met.
Tall Tree’s “Things You Should Know”:
- You must be at least 19 years of age with two pieces of Government ID to enter the festival. No ID = no entry.
- Absolutely zero tolerance for drinking and driving. There will be road blocks present.
- There is no cell reception in Port Renfrew.
- There is a limited amount of gas in Port Renfrew available at the Marina. We highly suggest that you fill up at either Lake Cowichan or Sooke on your way.
- No pets.
- No bottles or glass.
- No fires. If you start a campfire you will be asked to leave.
- No drugs
Food And Water:
- Yes! We have natural spring water for drinking and many food vendors on site
- Yes! We serve adult beverages in the main licensed festival area
Getting Ready For Tall Tree:
Be prepared for all weather:
We can have sun and heat and also some rain. Prepare for it all.
Be prepared for camping:
Prepare your self to wake up to world class views! Be smart – Bring a flashlight (or two) for the evening. Bring water to stay hydrated. Sunproofing and waterproofing is smart. Bring something to keep you cozy if it gets chilly.
Be ready to walk on uneven ground:
Some nice sturdy shoes are a great idea. Gum boots are fun for puddle jumping on the off chance it rains.
The parking area is separate from the camping area.
GET READY TO HAVE THE BEST TIME EVER!