What You Need To Know for Tall Tree 2016
A few days to go and we couldn’t be more excited to share year number SEVEN with all of you! This year there are many themes, activities and brand new additions to Tall Tree – making your festival experience better than ever. While this message is lengthy, we ask that everyone take a few minutes to read through it! Knowledge is power people!
IMPORTANT INFO FOR 2016:
THE FESTIVAL IS THURSDAY TO SATURDAY, JUNE 30-JULY 3.
We have 2 entry gates and newly graded roads. This means getting you in faster. Please respect that our staff are working non-stop getting you into the site, and please note that you will have to wait during peak times, and the more friends you can pack in your car, the quicker entry will be for everyone. Give our staff and volunteers high-fives, they will love you. Please follow signage to find the gate for you!
- Gate times: 10am-10pm Wednesday (early access), 9am-10pm Thursday to Saturday. If you absolutely want to get into the grounds as quickly as possible please arrive on Wednesday and purchase an Early Access Pass.
- Camping unload policy. Please note that you will be able to unload your gear close to the festival site and walk it in. The ROUNDABOUT area is located on-top of the mountain, beside the Stump and Stone Stage. It is also located centrally to the campgrounds so that you do not have to hike through the entire site if you don’t want to! Drivers once finished unloading their vehicles will then be lead to the parking area and returned by shuttle. This will reduce congestion and parking wait times. Yay!
- Cars that arrive with 3 or more people will not pay for onsite parking. Cars that arrive with 2 people or less will be charged $20. Please carpool and if you need a lift, please visit our event page on Facebook.
- To reduce congestion, if you need to head into town please use one of the shuttle buses provided. Cars that require re-entry will be charged $20, unless it is an emergency.
- We have multiple areas that are licensed!
- We have a new and improved site layout. We cannot wait to show you! More camping, more upgrades to stage areas and amenities.
- Info Booth –we have a central info booth. Got questions? Go there.
- Best Campsite Contest!!! YES, if you think you have what it takes, please register your campsite at the Info Booth anytime on Wednesday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Our team of staff judges will vote on which registered campsite will be crowned the BEST! Please note that you +3 friends (a team of 4 total) may enter as one campsite. The best campsite will win tickets to Tall Tree 2017!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- PACK IN PACK OUT, RECYCLE, USE BINS PROVIDED. We are a green festival. If you see garbage, pick it up. This is a leave no trace event and we need your help to keep in green. Please pack light and be responsible.
- Showers! Yes, we have showers this year! Shower passes can be purchased for $5 each and are available from 9am to 5pm. Please use water responsibly, and no these are not heated.
- Water Stations! These are located throughout the entire site and is potable.
- Shuttle Bus – operates daily 11am to late. Make a trip to the beach, lake, general store or book accommodation off site and rest assured!
- Bring proper footwear. Bring rain boots and hiking boots…you will be happy that you did.
- ATM’S! We have ATM’s on site this year. We highly recommend bringing cash beforehand but we have you covered just in case! You can also get cash out at the Renfrew General Store by asking the cashier nicely!
- Tickets at the gate are available for Early Access, Day Passes and Full Weekend Festival Passes. Please note that the price increases at the gate, so buy online and save!
- BRING A REUSABLE WATER BOTTLE! To minimize even more waste this year Tall Tree would like everyone to bring a water bottle. We encourage everyone to hold on to these even when the party’s over! Keep it green! Be responsible!
- Additional camping has been created throughout the site. This means more choices and more space!
- Harm Reduction Team and Medical Services – We have a field hospital, harm reduction task force, first aiders and amazing staff onsite 24/7 to assist you.
- BE BEAR AWARE. This is not a joke. In fact, be elk aware too. We are in the wilderness and many animals live on site. Please do not keep food in your tent.
THURSDAY = EMOJI DAY | That’s right. Rock your favourite emoji. Super high tech.
FRIDAY = ZOOLANDER DAY! High fashion meets festival. Don’t forget to register for the Zonelander Fashion Show (hosted by The Zone @91.3), anytime before 4:30pm on Friday. To register please visit the General Store or Info Booth. Fashion Show starts at 5:30pm SHARP near the Main Stage!
SUIT SATURDAY = wear a suit, any suite. That’s right Tall Tree: it’s business time and you know what that means – it’s time to wear your business socks.
- Yoga! Please visit the Spirit Stage from 10am to 11am, Saturday and Sunday morning for your very own mountain side yoga class.
- Hip Hop Showcase – 6:15pm to 7:45pm at The Stump and Stone Stage on Saturday, July 2
- The Zonelander Fashion Show – 5:30pm to 6:30pm near the Main Stage Beverage Garden, Friday, July 1. Please register by 4pm on July 1st, by visiting the Info Booth or General Store.
- Office Space Scavenger Hunt – 11:30am to 1:00pm on Saturday, July 2nd. Please meet at 11:30am at the Yellow School Bus (you cannot miss it). SICK HUNT = SICK PRIZES!!!!
- The Pop-up Pineapple Party – 4:00pm to 5:15pm at the Main Stage Beverage Gardens, on Saturday, July 2nd! This is going to be one tropical party you literally CANNOT miss. Bring your summertime vibes, and be prepared for a lot of pineapples. Crazy prizes and good times
- The Tall Tree Wellness Passport – check it out here: http://harmonyherbals.net/blog/product-category/festival-packages/
- RMT Services. Single massages or packages can be purchased by visiting the massage tent in Main Stage vendor area.
- Comedy Stage! Come and watch your favourite stand-ups between 10:30am and 1:30pm Friday and Saturday at the Stump and Stone. Music programming to follow!
- Hoola Hooping – yes there will be Hoola workshops throughout the day. More info on site.
THE HARM REDUCTION TEAM – your Party Parents!
The Harm Reduction team or ‘Party Parents’ tent is dedicated to making sure that party goers are happy and healthy!
- Risk Assessment
- Great conversation
- Information about drugs/alcohol/sun exposure
- A place to take a rest in the shade
- Friend connections: lost a friend? Come check in and see if they have left you a note!
- Line up information
- Assisting those who are having mild mental health and physical health issues
Our Team Members:
- Outreach: Look for the bright green backpacks! They will be out on the scene to help people who look like they need some extra support.
- Tent Supervisors – keep track of everything and everyone!
- Tent Nurses – make sure everyone’s needs are being met.
Tall Tree’s “Things You Should Know”:
- You must be at least 19 years of age with two pieces of Government ID to enter the festival. No ID = no entry.
- Absolutely zero tolerance for drinking and driving. There will be road-blocks present.
- There is no cell reception in Port Renfrew.
- There is no wifi onsite.
- There is a limited amount of gas in Port Renfrew available at the Marina. We highly suggest that you fill up at either Lake Cowichan or Sooke on your way.
- No pets.
- No minors.
- No bottles or glass.
- No fires. If you start a campfire you will be asked to leave.
- No drugs.
Food And Water:
- Yes! We have natural spring water for drinking and many food vendors on site.
- Yes! We serve adult beverages in the main licensed festival area, Stump and Stone as well as the Spirit Tent.
Getting Ready For Tall Tree:
Be prepared for all weather: We can have sun and heat and also some rain. Prepare for it all.
Be prepared for camping: Prepare yourself to wake up to world-class views!
Be smart – Bring a flashlight (or two) for the evening. Bring a water bottle to stay hydrated. Sun-proofing and waterproofing is smart. Bring something to keep you cozy if it gets chilly.
Be ready to walk on uneven ground: Some nice sturdy shoes are a great idea. Gum-boots are fun for puddle jumping on the off chance it rains. The parking area is separate from the camping area.
GET READY TO HAVE THE BEST TIME EVER!